What’s New in 2.0?
Teens can now take out a loan (previously only available for Young Adult+).
Once you receive the Loan Payment Overdue buff, a 5% late fee (5% of your payment) will be deducted shortly after. After that, they will be deducted about every 24 hours until your sim makes a payment. If your sim is at work, the late fees will be deducted shortly after they get home. If you don’t have enough Simoleons for the late fee, it will deduct when you do.
Fixes applied to this update include:
- Fixed the rare occasion of being able to take out two loans because the computer broke during the first interaction. Thanks to Ande1707 for finding this issue during testing.
- You can no longer take out a loan if you still have a loan packet that’s been paid off in your inventory. You must destroy it before taking a new loan out. Thanks to nyqueent for finding this issue during testing.
Your sims can now apply for loans from SimCity Bank. When your sim needs a loan have them click on the computer and select SimCity Loans. From there you will select which loan amount you want.
Loan Amounts include:
Once you select the loan amount, your sim will receive a Loan Packet in their inventory (which is not delete-able). Your sim will then be responsible for repaying it! When repaying the loan, you have two options:
- Repay in full with no interest.
- Make 12, 24, or 36 payments which includes a 5% interest rate.
If your sim doesn’t make a payment (or pay in full) within 48 hours, he/she will receive a Loan Payment Due (fine mood) buff. If your sim ignores this buff for 24 hours, this buff will turn into a Loan Payment Overdue! (stressful mood) buff. The only way to remove this is to make a payment (or pay in full).
If your Debtor sim dies, the loan packet will be sent to the household inventory (still not delete-able). After you place it on your lot, another household sim (Young Adults and older) can use the Take Over Loan interaction. This will add the loan packet to that sim’s inventory and he/she will be responsible. Don’t worry, any payments that the deceased sim made won’t be lost!
If your Debtor sim dies and gets added back to the household either as a ghost or resurrected, they won’t have the loan packet anymore (obviously since it went to the household inventory). However, they can’t take out a loan. They’ll have to use the computer and click on SimCity Loans > Request Loan Forgiveness (which will cost §1,000), then after 3 days they can apply for a loan again if needed.
♦ Additional Information ♦
- Sims can only have one active loan at a time. However, once your sim pays off the loan, you can click on the loan packet and select Destroy. Your sim can then take out another loan if desired.
- The loan packet is not drag-able! This was done on purpose to keep it in your sims inventory for needed buffs and interaction availability. It’s also not delete-able, for obvious reasons….no skipping out on your debt!
- If you move your household while the loan packet is on the lot (after placing it from the household inventory), it can be found in the household inventory once again. No running away from it until it’s paid!
NOTE – If you use Basemental Drugs and your Sim gets arrested, they will lose their loan packet. If this happens, you’ll have to use the Request Loan Forgiveness option on the computer.
♦ Plans for Future Updates ♦
- Add the SimCity Loans to phones
- More to come…
♦ Mod Requirements ♦
No additional packs required.
♦ Mod Conflicts ♦
No known conflicts. It should work well with all mods (including any other loan type mods).
♦ Changelog ♦
- SimCity Loan packet now usable in Batuu.
- All translations are now included in the mod. So, please make sure to delete your !Scarlet_SCLoans addon packages if you have them.
- Updated to prevent the loan packets from being recycled.
- Updated for 1.63 patch.
♦ Download & Instructions ♦
- Click the Download button below.
- Extract the .zip file.
- Move the .package and .ts4script files to your Mods folder (located in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4).
♦ Keep them in the same folder, no more than ONE sub-folder deep inside your Mods folder.
♦ Do NOT rename either of them.
♦ Make sure you have Enable CC/Mods and Script Mods Allowed enabled in your Game Options.
*Please delete all previous versions of this mod before installing new ones*
Alternate Download – Google Drive
♦ Translation Credits ♦
The following translations are included in the mod:
- Chinese Translations (by Miaow_CC)
- Czech Translations (by DannyLady)
- Dutch Translations (by TessMoana)
- Finnish Translations (by Iiruliini & Sabe191)
- French Translations (by Maia Game & Candyman)
- German Translations (by helene912)
- Italian Translations (by Marpic)
- Polish Translations (by IlkaVelle & Osqar)
- Portuguese Translations (by ManyWhiTe)
- Russian Translations (by AnnieHugss)
- Spanish Translations (by Panko81 and Don)
- Swedish Translations (by Eilienn)
If you’re interested in translating this mod, download the strings below. Then follow the instructions in Translating Mods.
♦ NOTE – The mod is in the process of getting updated. Some translations may be removed/added. Therefore, I recommend not translating this mod until version 3 is released.