Socially Anxious Trait
Socially Anxious Trait
Sims with Social Anxiety will often become uncomfortable in social situations, they do not receive negative Moodlets when their Social Need is low. They may experience panic attacks and stomach trouble resulting in frequent bathroom trips, especially while out in public. Therefore, they prefer to stay home.
When off the home lot, their Bladder will decrease more quickly. They’ll take frequent restroom breaks. These sims can take medication to help control their Anxiety symptoms. Additionally, tea and exercise can help prevent and reduce some negative emotions.
Your Socially Anxious Sims can use a self interaction to take medication. They can only take it once a day. If your Sim takes medication, they will be immune to the negative buffs included in this mod for 24 hours. However, they’ll get one random side effect:
- Decreased Appetite (Fine +1 for 6 hours)
- Hunger will decay a lot slower.
- Dizzy (Dazed +1 for 2 hours)
- Sims with this buff will more likely do interactions that raise energy.
- Nauseous (Uncomfortable +1 for 2 hours)
- Sims with this buff are likely to get sick.
- Drowsy (Uncomfortable +1 for 2 hours)
- Energy decays 2x faster and Sims with this buff will more likely do interactions that raise energy.
The side effects have less of an impact than the negative buffs that can happen without medication.
- Don’t Look At Me (Embarrassed +2)
- When around strangers. Removed when the strangers are no longer in proximity to your Sim.
- Feeling OK (Fine +3)
- When around strangers (at home or while medicated). Removed when the strangers are no longer in proximity to your Sim.
- Anxious (Tense +2 for 3 hours)
- Sims have a chance to receive this buff anywhere. Once the buff times out, they will receive one of the following:
- Calmed Down (Happy +2 for 2 hours)
- Panic Attack (Tense +5 for 3 hours)
- Fun, Energy, and Bladder decreases faster. Hunger decreases slower. More likely to do interactions that raise energy and bladder. When the buff times out, they will receive this buff:
- Recovering (Dazed +2 for 2 hours)
Sims have a chance to receive one of these buffs while off their home lot:
- Nauseous (Uncomfortable +3)
- Sims with this buff are likely to get sick. Removed when they get home.
- No Fears (Confident +3 for 4 hours)
Sims have a chance to receive one of these buffs while on their home lot:
- Worry Free (Confidence +2 for 4 hours)
- Feeling Relaxed (Happy +2 for 4 hours)
- The Social need will decay 80% slower than normal.
- The Bladder need will decay 2x faster when off the home lot. Normal decay when at home.
Learn the following skills 40% slower:
Learn the following skills 2x faster:
- Video Gaming
20% more difficult to make friends
Slower performance gain in the following careers:
- Athlete – 30% slower
- Business – 20% slower
- Entertainer – 60% slower
- Style Influencer – 50% slower
- Actor – 60% slower
- Detective – 40% slower
- Doctor – 40% slower
- Politician – 60% slower
- Social Media – 60% slower
- Take a Nap
- Finish Reading a Book
- Take a Bath
- Bake Something
- Watch TV
- Watch a Movie
- Listen to Any Radio Station
- Write in Journal
- More Buffs (including lot type specific buffs)
- More Interactions
- Custom Whims
- Custom Buff Icons
If you have any suggestions to improve this trait, please feel free to drop them in #mod-suggestions channel on my Discord.
♦ Mod Requirements ♦
Base Game only required.
♦ Changelog ♦
♦ Download & Instructions ♦
- Click the Download button below.
- Extract the .zip file.
- Move the .package and .ts4script files to your Mods folder (located in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4).
♦ Keep them in the same folder, no more than ONE sub-folder deep inside your Mods folder.
♦ Do NOT rename either of them.
♦ Make sure you have Enable CC/Mods and Script Mods Allowed enabled in your Game Options.
Alternate Download – Google Drive
♦ Translations ♦
If you want to use a translation, click on your language below to download the .package. Then, move the .package into your Mods folder WITH the main mod. Do NOT rename!
If you’re interested in translating this mod, download the strings below. Then follow the instructions in Translating Mods.
♦ Credits & Special Thanks ♦
- Thanks to my Discord testers Ande1707 and Queen for testing.
Note – I created this trait from scratch with Sims 4 Studio so I could make it more detailed and keep it updated more easily. Mod Constructor was not used.