Before you begin, please check the Translations page to make sure there’s not already a translation.
Then, download the ModName_STRINGS for the mod that you want to translate:
If you already know how to translate mods, but just need to know how/where to upload the ModName_STRINGS that you translated for me, then skip to the Uploading Your Translation.
Tools you’ll need (for this tutorial):
♦ Translating the Mod ♦
- Open Sims 4 Studio, then click on My Projects:
- Navigate to and select the ModName_STRINGS.package that you want to translate. Click Open.
- Select the language you want to translate to, then click the Edit Items… button:
- Click on the first entry on the left side. Then in the right side, translate what’s in the Value box only (do NOT change anything in the Key box):
WARNING – Do NOT translate the following:
- Repeat for the rest of the entries.
- Once you’ve completed translating all of the Value’s for each entry, click Save:
- Save your .package:
8. Now that you translated all of the entries, you’re ready to upload!*
*For my mods, replace YOURNAME and LANGUAGE in the package name:
• YOURNAME – the name that you want to be credited with.
• LANGUAGE – the language(s) that you translated.
For example, the default name for Subject Homework is:
So if I translated this to English, it would be renamed to:
Do NOT rename anything else please.
♦ Uploading Your Translation ♦
For My Mods:
- Join my Discord
- Click on the #translations channel
- Drag (move) the .package into the discord window (do NOT upload .StringTables please):
- If you have a website you’d like me to include in the credits, let me know. Then click on Upload:
That’s it, all done! Thank you in advance 🙂
For Other Creators – Check with them for how they want you to upload their translations.