Mod not working? Need help? Please check through these common mistakes before reporting to the creator that their mod “doesn’t work”.
Mod “Doesn’t Work” Checklist
- Not Enabled in Settings.
Make sure you have Enable CC/Mods and Script Mods Allowed enabled in your Game Options (these have to be re-enabled after each patch):
- Not Installed Correctly.
Unless otherwise stated, ALL mods go into this folder:
Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods
*Do NOT put them in your Program Files path.
- Remember .ts4scripts can only go ONE sub-folder deep inside your mods folder. For example, when adding Scarlet_SimCityLoans.ts4script:
Correct (it can go in the Custom_Folder):
Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\Custom_Folder
Incorrect (too deep):
Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\Custom_Folder\Custom_Folder
- Mod Conflicting
Another common reason why a mod may not be working is because it’s conflicting with another mod. When two mods alter the same resources, they will conflict causing one of them to not work as intended.
To avoid this, check the XML resources used before downloading to make sure you don’t have another mod that alters the same ones.
Alternatively, you can use TS4 Package Conflict Detector by scumbumbo. This program will notify you of any two mods that are conflicting.
- Wrong Version (Mod and/or Game)
Make sure your game is up-to-date and that the mod version is compatible with the game version that you’re on.
Check for updates to the mod (especially after patches). Right now Sims File Share is not always giving people the latest versions. Therefore if the creator has another download option, use it.
- Keep your mods organized! It helps to keep them organized by the creator so you know where/who to go to for updates.
- Do NOT separate .ts4script and their matching .package file, always keep the same mod in the same folder.
- Never merge your mods. They need updates too often. Merging CC is ok.
- NEVER rename any mods that include a .ts4script! Doing so will result in the mod not working.
**If you’re still having trouble with my mods, please feel free to post in the #help-support channel on my discord.**